As our next 12 Week Online Training Program approaches, I wanted to provide you with answers to some common questions about the program. If you don't find what you are looking for here, go to our Contact page and send us a note with your question and we will be happy to help!
12 Week Online Training Program FAQ
1. I am out of shape, will this kill me?
No. Will you experience some discomfort, sweat, and be sore from the workouts, yes, but the workouts are designed to be doable. I will offer modifications and scaling so you have options that suit your fitness level. I will ask that you challenge yourself and embrace the discomfort! All exercises should be performed without pain, discomfort is fine, but pain is a no no. Know when to stop if something is hurting you. As far as the mental game goes: Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
2. I'm working out at home, do I need a lot of equipment?
Some of the workouts call for small equipment, like free weights (dumbbells) and kettle bells. If you don't have these items you can do bodyweight variations and modifications for workouts with weights.
3. How do I access the workouts?
4. How many days/workouts per week?You can expect 3 workouts per week (Mon/Wed/Fri) with prescribed active recovery in between (Tues/Thurs/Sat) - Sunday is a rest day. Active recovery are things like spin, a long bike ride, a long walk or slow run, a yoga class etc.5. How long will each workout take me?Workouts and recovery sessions should be no more than an hour.6. What if I miss a workout?Do your best. I get that life happens! If you miss the workout on the day it is prescribed, it's not a big deal, you can move it to another day. Doing them as they are laid out is ideal so that you have the proper rest in between, but as long as you do your best to get your 3 workouts and 3 active recovery sessions in, you will get the best results!7. Is the program structured for strength, weight loss, fun? All of the above! We use a concurrent method of programming to work on all facets of fitness at once, so the program takes care of everything from strength, to cardio endurance. Losing weight heavily depends on what you're eating and how your body adapts to the workouts. I can't guarantee weight loss, but you will most definitely see some changes in your body composition. Think more about how your jeans fit and less about the number on the scale! Lastly, we will definitely have fun, that's kinda my jam, so make sure to smile and laugh and not take this shit to seriously, mmmkay?8. Do I have to take before/after photos?Nope! If you want to take photos because that is a measurement you are interested in keeping track of, by all means, but you do not have to share them with anyone, and you won't be hearing from me about them. You can pick your own "metrics" to track throughout (I'll post more on this in the Facebook group), to ensure you're feeling like you are making progress.
We use an online programming platform that sends your workouts right to our inbox. You can access your workouts for the week every Monday.
9. How do I communicate with my coach?
You can send your coach direct messaging in our online programming platform to ask specific questions. If you are a Facebook user, you will be able to communicate with your coach and other participants on the private Facebook group page.
10. Is there nutrition coaching included in this program?
We do provide six basic nutrition lessons and additional information and resources to help guide you throughout the program.
Our next 12 Week Online Training Program begins Monday, September 2nd, 2019